Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, March 28, 2011

New Records!

So I'm not sure if I've just had a burst of energy today due to the excitement of reaching 36 weeks (tomorrow) or if this is that "nesting" energy I've heard about.  I had never experienced this in my first two pregnancies for an obvious reason...I've never successfully made it to 36 weeks and beyond.   But here I am and I am incredibly thrilled!  Knowing my luck and the way the world works for me, I'll still be pregnant a month and a half from now (going somewhere near the 42nd week). However, I can't help but be pumped up knowing I could have a little baby in my arms soon soon SOON!

So as many know, and I'm sure many don't really understand, we're planning a home birth.  It's the third time we've planned one of these so to say we're prepared is quite the understatement.  I've also done all of my training to be a birth doula and am obsessively reading blogs, baby websites and books revolving around pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum stuff so I feel uber prepared in terms of knowing and understanding what is going on with my body.  At our last midwife appointment last Saturday, we got to go over the "what to do if baby comes before the midwife" scenario and we got a lot of questions answered regarding birth and I think Broghan feels a lot more prepared and calm about the entire experience now.

I'm also over the moon to try a water delivery.  I've experienced two natural deliveries already so I know it's not a matter of pain control, but how awesome will it be to be able to give our baby a smoother and more gentle transition into the world!  Ahh..I get so excited.  :).  Broghan & I decided to go ahead and buy our own birth pool (don't worry...we use a liner when I use it) and we got it a week or so ago and I think it will be awesome.  Keller had a lot of fun playing in it (without water) but this summer we might pull it out as a kiddie pool since the height can be adjusted so easily.

Also, with a home birth there are a lot of things that we as parents need to get ready.  Supplies, baby goods, towels, clothes, sheets for the bed, food, etc.  and after tonights little shopping adventures with K-man, I think I've got pretty much everything! That's another record...we're actually completely PREPARED for this birth and baby!

On a side note: I'm not sure if I ever published it but late in 2010 I had written a post detailing our choices as parents in regards to raising Keller and also in regards to pregnancy and birth.  Either way, expect more about that in future posts.  I don't mean to put pressure on others who choose other directions, but I do want people to know and understand our choices and that just because it's not mainstream does not mean its unsafe.  (in a lot of ways, its actually safer...but again..another post).  I just have struggles balancing between explaining and advocating versus venting and offending.  I'm sure you'll all see that come out later, so forgive me in advance if I cross that line.  I try to understand why women choose things that are different....and for many of the times I get it...but I think we all run into those situations where it just will never make sense.  Just wanted to throw that out there.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!