Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fun Fall days!

So as the leaves have now officially started falling off of our maple (I think it's a maple??) in the back yard, raking leaves season has begun as well.  Two days ago I made the big attempt of using our blower to get everything into a big pile and really, it wasn't a pretty sight to watch.  As I blew leaves and dirt and mulch one direction, God and his almighty wind attempted to blow it the other...meaning right back in my face.  Bleh.  But eventually I did make a decent enough pile that it didn't blow away over the next two days.

Yesterday, I spent some time in the morning being crafty (I'm not really all that crafty that often) and made our very own 'scarecrow'.  He's not very scary...at all.  But he's sturdy! So I don't think he'll be blowing away anytime soon or falling apart, which is really the main goal.  This things got to last through Thanksgiving folks..


  I also used some old socks and balled them up, covered them in $1 fabric I bought from our local 'goodwill' type store and made little hanging ghosts!  Ah...so festive! haha.


 Combine those with the corn stalks our neighbors had given us a few weeks back and I'd say we're pretty close to being fully decorated for this fall season. :)  All we're really missing in a new flag out front (we currently have the American flag...which is good, but really, it's football season...so a GBPacker's one is really what needs to be waving out there).

Anyways, today I finally got around to bagging the last of the leaves and captured a few (and by few I mean two) good pictures of Keller.  The other ones I got are okay, I mean, it shows him in the leaves and all...but he's not looking at the camera or smiling...so these were the best! And some video of Keller walking all around like he does, and Marvin being a bit of a spaz like he is.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!