Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Snarky

That's what kind of mood I'm in.  Snarky.  But I'm hoping to get some relatively interesting blogging done whilst in this mood. :).

Anyways, it's been a long night.  My usual nights consist of getting Keller to bed (around 6pm), making dinner, cleaning up, and watching a little T.V. and then heading to bed around 9.  Veeerrrry easy.  Veeerrry chill. and Veeerrry domestic.  Haha.  Tonight has been different.  In many ways, it's been an extremely productive and extremely positive night.  And in just a few ways, it's put me in this mood.

Broghan's mom (my wonderful mother-in-law Janet), offered to purchase us new rugs for our dining room and kitchen..  We are in the process of giving it a face lift from the 'country kitchen' look we inherited with the purchase of our house just over a year ago and have been playing with ideas of how to update.  Do I take on the task of tearing down all the ugly wallpaper? Possibly discovering, after scraping glue and gunk, that the walls themselves suck and will need replacing? (just like both of our bathrooms mind you) or Do I just go the easy route and paint over it?

Of course, I went the easy route.  Which isn't really so easy since its taken three coats of primer and two coats of color to cover the darn patterns! Oh well.  It's been a good and much needed change in that area of the house and the colors schemes are working out well with some of the decor we already have going throughout the house.

So new rugs it is.  Our local Shopko was having a rug sale but it ended tonight...at 10PM when they closed and I had to wait until 7pm when Broghan got home to get a nod towards the 'square' design or the 'circle' design...(we went with square btw).  Then it was one trip over to Shopko, which I was okay with.  But the dilemma comes into play when I get home with said rugs and we discover that 1) we don't need all of the ones I got and 2) the second large rug (the one for the kitchen) just isn't 'flowing' with the rest.  Meaning I have to get a new one...and if I didn't go back to Shopko tonight...it would no longer be on sale (and by on sale I mean 40% off...which for these size rugs is a steal and the difference between spending a decent amount of money and spending way too much).  Soooo at 9PM when I am usually headed to bed after some relaxation on the couch in front of the tube, I'm back in the car, hauling this huge rug back to Shopko, and on a second mission to find a rug to create positive Fung Shui if you will, throughout our dining room and kitchen. Bleh.

Again, this is all really a big positive thing but I'm just being cranky, tired, and pregnant. Bleh. I'll post pictures when I get the motivation to do it and once the painting is finished.  I just don't have to the guts to share with all of you how strange it all looks right now, half painted with these really awesome new rugs...weird.  I just keep reminding myself...one day....one day it will all be done and totally worth every minute I spent working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!