Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Friday, June 3, 2011

proud parent moments..

I love how Keller is getting to an age where I can just stand and watch him do things and see him learning and growing.  There are so many moments recently where I've just been in awe of how smart he is (or at least I think he's super smart ;) ) and the tasks he's able to accomplish on his own.

Anyways, just one of these proud parental moments just occurred and it re-affirmed to me that we've been doing the right things for our family with this little man.  We were in his room and he climbed up on his bed as I read yet another book (I think that made like 10 for the day).  He was trying to be a little rebel and climb up by his window and I sternly said "NO- You're going to get hurt!" and he whined of course, but got down and stayed down.  But as he whined I said, "Well why don't you go lay your head on your pillow and take a rest".  AND HE DID! He got right up on his pillow, pulled up the covers, and relaxed.  I stayed in his room for a few more minutes getting Lucy strapped in our Moby wrap and as I walked out I said "Ok, you take your nap now and I'll be out here".  And wouldn't you know it...he stayed in bed and when I checked back a few minutes later he was snoozing away. Ahh so proud of my little guy.  And impressively enough, this is nap #2 today.  It's really amazing how much better he behaves when he's had plenty of sleep.

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I miss my kellerman. he can take a snoozer with me anytime.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!