Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Friday, August 17, 2012

Lucy and her stitches.

So this is my side of the story:  It was a Wednesday and I was planning on running a local race at 6:00pm.  I really didn't want to push the kids in the double runner since I had signed up for the 5-miler.  Since I figured I had to be at the race about 30 minutes early - I got the okay from Broghan to drop the kids at the office at around 5PM.  This happened just as planned.  I stayed until about a quarter after and then said my goodbyes and left.  Within five minutes (~2miles away) I saw I missed a call from Broghan...then a second call came in., so of course I took it.  He simply said, "Keller pushed Lucy into the table, she's going to need stitches, you need to come back".  So I turned around and headed back.  On my way I put in calls to her pediatrician office to see if they were still open (they were not), then the Urgent Care (we couldn't be seen for another 2 hrs - not ideal for getting stitches) and finally the ER (who simply said, we cannot guarantee she'll be seen earlier than Urgent Care...super helpful).  But Urgent Care recommend the ER, so that's where we headed.  Luckily enough, it was busy, but not in the waiting room - so it didn't take too long.  I of course missed my race (it rained anyways) but was surprised to see how well Lucy handled everything.  


Waiting in the ER.


Up close.


Hi Dad!


The numbing gel...the longest part of the whole ordeal.  We let it sit for 45+ minutes...


Had to entertain ourselves somehow! So we danced!




Happy tot to calm her down - just after stitches were placed.


Smiles already!


3 stitches was all it was...


Big brother didn't quite realize he caused the whole ordeal (it happens) but he certainly did NOT like her being held down and crying while she got the stitches...I took him out to a waiting area and he just wanted to be with baby Lucy...so worried.  I think the ER visit wore him out more than Lucy!  He was out within minutes of being in the car..


Still smiling!

POST STITCHES PICS

Just before getting them out.


Her ID tag.


No more threads! Just a little steri-strip!

Until Next Time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!