Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, October 8, 2012

Beer Cheese Soup!

Like they say - MMmmm Mmmm GOOD! 

This is blog-worthy because honestly its probably a once-a-year type of treat.  As you may have guessed, we avoid a lot...okay everything except the broccoli in this recipe.  It's butter, flour, broth, beer, cheese, half & half...and yea I think that's it! lol.  What a heavy soup! But it was great and everyone seemed to enjoy it.  I will say though, I do need to get better at understanding and not being fearful of simmering a dairy based soup so that the alcohol in the beer actually burns off! NO worries, in the whole batch, it was only one cup of beer...and technically in WI it's legal to have minor drink alcohol with parental consent...so I think I'm covered. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!