Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 28 = HEARTBURN!

Bleh - a few weeks ago I reviewed Lucy's prenatal records and discovered that right around 25 weeks I developed heart burn.  I can vividly remember this and waking up to chug milk (yuk to me) or eat a yogurt or anything literally to settle the acid.  I was excited then when I passed that week and nothing had happened...but oh no, I was just a few weeks behind...because now at 28 weeks the heartburn is here and I believe it's here to stay.  Not for any other reason (in my opinion) than the fact that I have the shortest torso possible! or at least it feels that way.  All of my organs are squished up into my thoracic cavity and my stomach and its acid is getting the final squeeze...sadly, I fear it will only intensify until the day this baby decides to join us out here.  While again, its a minor annoyance in relation to the long list of major issues that can happen during pregnancy...it is certainly just that - ANNOYING! On the positive side of this coin though, the best remedy I've been able to find is/are dairy products...which means ice cream (actually I eat the almond or coconut kinds..), milk, cheese and yogurt are back in business in my diet for a while (which is a yum-yum-yum combo) but of course...even that has as downside (darn you asthma!).  Ahh..who can't wait for December? THIS GIRL!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!