Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Keller's favorites

Ok, so I haven't blogged in a bit but this list of "Keller's favorite things" has been mulling around in my head for a few days and I wanted to get it down before I forgot about it.

As I read many other mom's blogs, they get record their children's favorite things. Like their favorite foods, toys, games, etc. I tend not to do that because Keller's list is a little.....untraditional?? I'm not sure if that is the best word, but here's a snippet of the things I can come up with.

His favorite teething toy: any cord he is able to find. Literally, any cord. He especially loves my computer cord for some reason and has figured out where it connects to my laptop. If he eyes it, you can bet he's headed that way to pull it out and put it in his mouth.

Again, another favorite teething toy: any shoe he is able to find. Particularly flip-flops. I'm guessing its the feel of the plastic or something, or the foam? But I did go buy him his own pair (in his size so he could even wear them now and again) to chew on, but he usually ends up tossing them aside and heading over to our shoe rack to find a sandal. Second on the shoe list would be tennis shoe strings.

OK, another favorite teething toy (can you tell he's cutting teeth?) AND entertainment toy: The caps to the little milk storage bottles I use to store breastmilk. This morning he was able to get one stuck in his mouth...the little creeper. If it wasn't slightly scary to see a yellow cap suctioned to his tongue I would have taken a video or picture of this event. If it happens again, it's a possibility that documentation could happen.

Favorite entertainment toy (even above the caps): Plastic bags. He loves them and will stay entertained for almost an hour straight just flinging them around.

Another entertainment toy: My purse/handbag string. I think this is similar to the flip-flop idea...he likes how it feels in his mouth.

And finally, the one that drive me nuts because he can sneak it pretty well:

His FAVORITE FOOD: Marvin's. That's right folks, my son, the exclusively breastfed boy loves his dog food. He seems to find it, tip the bowl, and get one in his mouth and then just suck on it. I am constantly finding him over at Marvin's little "food station" knocking the water bowl over (yes, spilling it all over the kitchen floor) and grabbing tiny fist-fulls of his kibble. Again, if I wasn't so nervous about the choking hazards of it all I would document.

1 comment:

  1. Ainsley loved (and still loves) anything leather to chew on. I gave her my Minnetonka moccasin keychain to chew on all the time when she was teething. I think it's normal for babies to love non-toy items. It's cheaper anyway!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!