Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Neglected

The only word I can come up with to describe my blog.  I'm sorry. :/ You've been neglected.  I could tell it had been way too long since I'd done a blog update because yesterday as I drove home I began listing all of the blog topics in my head and I got lost and confused along the way.  Meaning there were WAAAY too many things I'd been missing and they are now over-flowing.  That makes this hard to start, I mean, how far back do I go?! Ugh.  This feeling totally reminds me of how it felt to procrastinate on projects in college until the night before and then stay up all night just to get it done...but feeling like I'd missed so many pieces of it along the way.

After a quick review of what I've recently posted, here is an update on our Life since those last few pictures.

As noticed, Keller loves dog food.  He now crawls at lightning speed across the kitchen floor to try to grab it before Broghan or I can swoop up the dishes and get them onto the counter and out of his reach.  I've been amazed at how proficient at crawling he has gotten.  Then there is the oh-so-scary attempts at standing on his own.  This past weekend, he pulled himself up and grabbed at a sheet of paper (another favorite thing to place in his mouth) but while holding on to the paper, he stopped holding onto anything else and just stood....alone...by himself...for a good 15 seconds (like the one-one thousand, two-one thousand type of seconds).  That is exciting and intimidating all at the same time.  I love the idea of Keller walking...not so much the reality.

Outside of Keller continuing to keep us attentive at all times, I feel like life has been a bit "two-faced".  During the weekdays our home-life is relatively calm, relaxed, and we attempt to be low-stress.  On the weekends though I feel like our life goes into hyper-speed trying to fit a ton of things and people into such a short amount of time.

To do a quick summary of just the past two weekends we've spent a night out at a Phil Vassar concert, updated our living room and back-yard with home projects (painting and a new post/plants), Broghan has taken apart the boat motor to begin the rebuilding process, went on Lake Minnetonka, went to the Excelsior Fireman's dance, went out down-town for Tessa's birthday, and played in five softball games.  This weekend will add a whole other dimension since tonight we're going to the Thursday night of Country Jam in Eau Claire to see Jake Owen and maybe Jason Aldene (although Jason doesn't even START until 10PM which is so late for us), tomorrow is Broghan's birthday and Saturday we are driving up to Tomahawk, WI to honor Grandpa Reilly who passed away a week ago today.

All in all I am usually trying to re-coup Monday and get Keller back to a 'normal' schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!