Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bathroom remodel

We've been putting a lot time into remodeling our downstairs bathroom. Originally it had some pretty nasty linoleum floors and some gross walls. We (and by we I mean Broghan did this part) tore up the floor and down most of the walls, replacing it all. Laid new tiling (with in floor heat!) and put up new blue-board or whatever it's called. Now this is where I helped! The walls got sealed with tape and plaster, then got a decorative finish with the plaster. Very similar to our upstairs if anyone reading this has seen that one. Then it was grouting and painting!

Here are some pictures of it after this all had been completed. Since then, Broghan has put the toilet back in place and we've moved the new vanity in with the new counter-top/sink and got the plumbing working. Now Nate (our friend living in our basement) won't have to sneak upstairs at 6 in the morning to get ready for work anymore!! yea!!

This is what it looks like when you are walking into the bathroom, the part on the wall with the stuff coming out of it is where the toilet goes.



A closer look at the floor and tiling...I think we did a pretty good job!! This is also the rug I picked out..we'll be using the lighter cream and darker brown and accents. Which means I've got to start hitting up the bargain places looking for stuff in those colors...such hard work ;)


The corner by where the new vanity goes. Technically you still wouldn't be able to see the vanity with this shot since it'd be off to your right, but this corner was a bit tricky with the way the ceiling is. I know my mom and Janet (Broghan's mom) were curious about what I was going to do with the paint, so here it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!