Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Life Update

Hey everyone! So here is as quick as can be life update.

Recently Broghan and I had been coaching a Squirt B Travel hockey team. That means 8, 9, and 10 year olds. Our season ended a week ago with a very intense weekend of hockey at the Squirt B State Tournament in Beloit, WI. We took 3rd!

This upcoming weekend I'll be seeing four of our little players again because I'm helping them out and coaching a 3-on-3 tournament just north of us in Chippewa Falls. It's a fun twist to regular hockey...kind of like playing half-court basketball when you don't have enough players and/or space.

Without hockey taking up practically every evening, the awesome weather, and that lovely time change we've been able to get outside once again and go for afternoon walks with Marvin. I think Marvin and his thick layer of winter fat will be glad to be doing this. It's been great getting out and see how many other mom's are out with their kids around here. It makes me really excited for once Keller is school aged too! But lets not get ahead of ourselves!

Broghan is super duper busy lately. I've been so proud of him since his office has just been getting busier and busier. He's been seeing more patients these past two weeks than he has since he started at this office last June. He has also began (and is in his last week of four) training for a position as an online facilitator for University of Phoenix. It's been a lot of late nights on the computer (which is never really any fun) but hopefully it pays off. He'll be great since the course is an Introduction to Wellness class! I'm sure he'll enjoy reading their papers especially!

I am still picking up the boys I nanny'd all summer after school each day and driving them around as needed. I love having this job because it's allowed us to get close to this family and create an extended family here in Eau Claire. Sometimes it can feel like we don't have any kind of support network here since both of our parents and siblings all live at least 2 hours or more away, but having this "adoptive" family helps a lot! It's also fun because in the summers it gives me a great excuse to hang out at the Fairfax pool everyday!! Can't wait for that to get here :)

Otherwise mostly I've been really busy with Keller. We survived our first run-in with a virus and doing much better after about a week and a half of battling it. I'm glad to report that Keller handled it like a champ and so did his body! He only had about 12 hours worth of having a temperature...whereas for me...it took over 3 days! Ugh, I was super tired and I think I'm still kind of catching up on sleep...

Speaking of sleep, last night Keller made it a record SEVEN HOURS STRAIGHT! OMG I was so surprised...we'll see if he does it again tonight (I'm highly doubting it). However, I am really hope this can become a pattern.....off to bed for me! G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!