Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Doula Update

Hello! So I figured I'd do some updating on the Doula adventure. I've continued with the readings, now onto the Nursing book which is actually very helpful since I'm currently nursing Keller. I've also registered as a member of the DONA International website so I've gotten a few newsletters and emails. This is part of becoming certified through them. I've also been working hard on a website. www.cvds.weebly.com I did it through the free website creator place weebly.com. It's not 100% done and there are some grammar mistakes but if you're curious you can take a look.

Next on the agenda is to make contacts! I'm struggling with getting the ball rolling on this one and I'm not sure exactly why. I'm kind of feeling it has to do with me feeling unprepared, but I've just got to keep reminding myself that a "certification" isn't going to make me a Doula. I am a Doula. My personality and knowledge thus far makes me one and my drive to want to help educate women and advocate for them and their choices makes me a Doula...

Also on the agenda is to get some business cards made up, order the certification packet, maybe meet with a potential "client", finish reading these books and finally return them to the library...and...well I think that's enough to focus on right now. Life is so busy! See the next blog post for life updates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!