Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lets just get past Saturday please...

So similar to the ubber long update I posted about Lucy, I've been shying away from writing this post. Even though its been tugging at me for a long time now.  Honestly, the title says it all in terms of my mentality at the moment.  I just want to get to Sunday and get past Saturday.  Okay, actually I want to get past Sunday & Monday too...lets just get to next Tuesday as fast as possible please.

Random is probably what you're thinking, but I promise, it makes a lot of sense in my head why these upcoming days are so dreaded by me.  I looked back and I think I've done a pretty good job at keeping myself busy and not focused on the issues that were expected to be brought to light with this pregnancy.  The last time I actually talked about these hesitations, fears, concerns, worries, etc. was way back in July actually. Side Note: Looked again, and okay, I did mention some issues with movements in early October.

Anyways, here's the backstory to this post.

{1} Madison (my first pregnancy) had an EDD of 12/29/08.  This baby, has an EDD of 12/30/12.  They are one day (plus four years) gestationally different in terms of "dates" on a calendar.

{2} I lost Madison the weekend of Thanksgiving 2008.  This past weekend I was super grateful for being able to be home with just us four (plus baby) to share the holiday.  I'm not sure I'd had mentally coped with being around a lot of people again.

{3} I delivered Madison on December 1st, 2008 (This is Saturday).

{4} She as 36 weeks (This is what I'll be on Sunday)

{5} In 2008, that was on a Monday (Hence, why let's just get to Tuesday).

I can honestly say that with Lucy's pregnancy (Keller only lasted until 33 weeks remember); I didn't have this kind of hold up at the 36 week mark.  Part of me feels like I'm making it into a big deal when if I'd just allow myself to feel comfortable with the timings, these notions would disappear...but really, I'm way too detail-minded for that and I totally over-think most things.

Also, honestly, I know deep down I'm not actually scared. I trust my body, this baby and above all God that things will work out; but I can't seem to stop fixating on these coincidences.

And not to shift gears with all of this, but since that post in early October about baby movements, I've now had two other "scare" moments where this little one went nearly 48 hours with little to no movements that I could feel.  I have determined and am convinced that my placenta is a bit anterior (towards the front) and this little bugger likes to lay side-ways and facing back...meaning I can't and wouldn't be that sensitive to movements anyways.  Thankfully I have an awesome Midwife and a strong husband who both have given me reassurance and strength through those moments.

Anyways, I've now put out there my biggest "issues" - which I know are normal and somewhat expected - but still I will be so gloriously glad to get past these next few days.

Did I mention that our home-visit is on Thursday?! Talk about something to be excited for!  *Don't worry...this is going to get its OWN post* ;).

Thanks for listening (reading).

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!