Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Braxton Hicks...I think I know how this works...

I wish I could communicate directly to my uterus.  That I could tell it to do or not do something and it would not only listen, but also obey.

Basically I'm starting to feel a tinge of annoyance with my body due to the seriously un-necessary number of braxton hicks contractions I get when doing almost anything.  I literally get up out of bed to pee and have one.  I take my dog for a walk and get like 6 (on a 15 minute walk!).  I go grocery shopping and I have to shift my pace from normal to slow every other isle.  It's seriously getting annoying and to me certainly unnecessary.

Unnecessary? You may ask...well to me, yes.  They are meant to be a "warm up"; "practice run" for your uterus.  It's "practicing" for the "big dance".  Well... I've had a lot of "big dances" with my uterus in the last four years and I don't think I need any more PRACTICING! (can you sense the slight sarcasm mixed with exasperation???)

Anyways, this, as with most of my blog posts, has been rolling around in my head for days and I needed to get it out and put it somewhere, so it ended up here.  Sorry you had to read about it ;).

Until Next Time...

2 comments:

  1. I know you're pain. I just wish the real ones would start soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your blog and am so excited for you! I am also in the "crazy amounts of braxton hicks" category. in the end I always appreciate all of this "practice" as both of my births have been quick and relatively easy, still, it's SO annoying! Especially when "more than 4 an hour" is supposed to indicate a problem. Not with me! Or you I gather. It's amazing how our bodies have such minds of their own. I hope (and know!) things go well for you, and quickly! Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!