Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, March 18, 2013

Boston - Round 1 for 2013

That's right folks - Round 1 - meaning there are more rounds of travel out to the East coast coming our way this year.  Broghan's older brother Logan is getting married this June in New Hampshire and with that comes a shower/bachelorette weekend; a bachelor party weekend and the wedding itself.

This first trip was the for the bride-to-be's bridal shower and bachelorette party.  My mother-in-law, myself and little Miss Raegan made the trip out last weekend to celebrate with Marisa.  The trip in a nutshell was great, with little  stress and a LOT of food!  Raegan did great on the four plane rides and did her duty as being the cutest and most well behaved baby around.  She still sleeps a ton so that is very helpful and her ability to sleep well through the night is fantastic when sharing a hotel room with someone....although I don't think grandmas would care all that much to be woken up by their grandbaby.

The only hiccup in the weekend was a winter storm.  The same one that we lived through here in WI was lived through a second time a few days later when we got to Boston.  It managed to shut down the city (basically) and forced us to cancel a trip down to Cape Cod (thankfully...since TWO HOUSES fell into the OCEAN!...seriously...crazy). But that only forced us to take a short shuttle over to the mall and do a little shopping and of course, eating, at the Cheesecake Factory.

By nightfall, the storm had blown over and we were able to meet my other sister-in-law, Claire, for dinner at an Italian place on the North End. It was Ah-mazing. Great seafood and fantastic desserts and delicious wine...and Rae of course slept through the whole thing.  Couldn't have designed a better night.

The bachelorette party in and of itself was a bit tame (sorry Marisa lol) from what I was expecting. But...a few beers is ALL I need to get a good buzz now a days and having to get up decently early to get a little work out in and get packed up to get to the airport...made it again...perfect for what I needed.  Boston does have some great small-town style bars! I mean...we got beer for $3/bottle! It's like I was back in WI..

All in all this momma got a much needed break from normal mom duties and came back refreshed and amped up for Spring to get here to play more with my kids.  I miss them and the hubby tons and feel a little more appreciative of the fact that I get to spend so much time with them.














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!