Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, August 2, 2010

The new car seat & sleep updates


It's been a transitional week for us with Keller.  We went ahead and purchased his next-level up car seat.  I sort of like it.  I miss being able to take him in and out of the car without unbuckling him and being able to travel in both cars easily (without having to transfer the whole car seat), but I know this obviously safer and his legs fit better.  It doesn't quite recline correctly in our Jeep but we've sort of rigged it up to recline enough that his head doesn't slump down when he falls asleep (honestly, I was worried about asphyxia!).

For those interested in knowing which one we got, here is a link: http://s7d5.scene7.com/s7ondemand/zoom/flasht_zoom.jsp?&company=ToysRUsGSI&config=defaultZoom&zoomwidth=500&zoomheight=558&sku=p5741721

It's the Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat.


SLEEPING:
So a little update and a good update! I'm not sure if I ever even blogged about our deciding to sleep train.  I think I did.  But anywho (pretending I did) we've been really good at sticking to a routine for Keller.  Sometime between 5:30 and 6:30 we begin "bedtime routine" which consists of the 4-B's: Bath, Bottle (or Breastfeeding), Book & Bed.  It's magical! Most nights by the time I'm done reading (I tend to nurse or feed him a bottle while reading to him) he's already groggy and laying him down is smooth as butter.  He's out..no crying or anything.  Other nights (like tonight) he somehow pops awake as soon as I lye him down and then the crying begins.  We usually let him cry himself to sleep unless you can tell by the type of cry that something is off.  Tonight, he was still hungry.  Once he got to eat more (I just warmed up extra milk) he fell right to sleep and has been quiet since (it's now 5 hours later).

He has been fairly consistent on his "noise-making" times.  Some nights I don't even hear him but when I wake up to pump, I usually hear him which is around 3 or 4 AM.  He doesn't usually need me so he'll just fuss for a few minutes and put himself back to bed.  But he is VERY consistent on his wake up time.  6AM SHARP.  No if's, and's, or but's about it.  He is wide-eyed at 6AM and mommy is not.  Haha.  So he comes into bed with us and plays with the window above our heads (in between Broghan & I).

So that's it, as long as we stick to letting him nap when he's tired and this bedtime routine, he's been the happy little ham he's always been :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!