Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Muddy Buddies!




By far the most fun race I have participated in to date! Have fun checking out the photos but as a quick recap here are the details:

Race length: 10K (6.1 miles)

Race course: climbing the ski hills at Afton alps on foot and on bike (ok pushing the bike) THREE times! ugh.
THEN finishing by army crawling through a very thick, kind of painful (rocky) mud pit! awesome.

Race transitions: four switches = five legs.  Anna did: bike, run, bike, run, bike.  I did the opposite.  At the switches were obstacles. 1) a climbing wall with a net to climb down on the other side 2) ropes you had to crawl under 3) a balance beam and 4) well...you'll see in the pictures below :)


Our look: The Awesome A's were Bees! :) You'll see that too...

Smile!!  (because we're clean!)


BEE Happy :)


My fans! Such great sports for leaving Eau Claire at 5AM!


The starting line...there were 900 teams!


Go Anna! Go!


That's me, the bee!


This was the last obstacle...how fun!! That's Anna's little Bee Behind.


Can you see me running with the bike? I was so happy to be done with that leg, until I realized the next one was just the same...only opposite, meaning the huge hill I'd just come down I now how to go BACK UP!


I didn't know I made this facial expression until I saw the picture, however, this is just before crouching to crawl through the mud...I'm guessing my thought was something like this "um...REALLY!?"


MUD!



So happy to be done! :) Time to rinse off and start planning for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!