Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, May 24, 2010

Grow little plant..GROW!

A while back I posted a blog asking about what plants people thought were growing in our yard...well I know at least we have hostas! They are ALL over and getting HUGE! Take a look at some updated pictures I took today. Also, here are some pictures of our first ever vegetable garden. I'm pretty excited to see how much the tomatoes and broccoli have grown in just a week!

These two are of the front of the house. The dark red tree to the left is Broghan's favorite plant in our whole yard. It blooms pretty pink flowers and smells like "cherries".



This is the side of the house...still not 100% sure what these are but my guess is day-lilies. From what I've read, they don't bloom until late June to mid-July though..


Our yard is ridiculously NOT ideal...we have sand, dirt patches, holes from marvin and just random dead spots. So we've been trying to grow grass...here are some of our little tiny sprouts!


BEANS!!!!!!!


(Left to Right) broccoli, peppers & tomatoes)


The overall picture :)


1 comment:

  1. We've been working on our yard a lot this year too. Cutting down trees, planting things, tearing things out. It's so much work! While we're doing all that I had to limit our garden to pots on the deck - but still, something is better than nothing! I also agree with you that those are day lilies - that's what we have along one side of our house too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!