Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bye Bye Breastfeeding Benefits :'(

Okay, so not ALL of the benefits of breastfeeding are now lost...only the most important one (to me - selfishly).  I've recently realized that as Lucy weans down to just a few nursing sessions a day, those sessions are more for comfort and not for food. Which is exactly as it should be (IMO) as we push through this second year of life.  But this also means that the milk I am making has less caloric density and in turn, doesn't use as many calories to make. :(  So there goes my weight management program!

Not that I've packed it on in the last few weeks, but I've certainly noticed feeling as though the weight loss train has parked itself at the station and now any weight management/loss is going to be due to me being intentional and actual physical activity and yes...even a watching of the calories.  Ugh. SO not fun!

As I came to the realization of where I'm at, I also realized that it has been more than four years since I've had to do this - be in charge of maintaining a certain weight.  Simply because I've either been pregnant or nursing for those four years.

During my B.C. era (before children as I like to refer to it as) my weight was of minor concern since I seriously loved working out and as most young 20-somethings, it was quite easy to consume crap, drink alcohol, work out and still look and somehow feel great.  Plus, free time seemed to be in endless supply...oh how that seems like just a dream now.

 Now as that first wave of creating and growing children phases out, I'm going to be faced with the challenge of finding a new and probably improved way of managing myself knowing full well that free time is limited to 2-3 minute spurts of time when the kids find themselves somehow self-entertained and miraculously not hurting one another.  Or as I typed that...putting random objects in their mouths...ahem..Lucy...

Anyways, I'm excited for some independence from the little Miss and am already having some pangs of longing for more of the snuggles and close contact (such a catch-22!) but it is for certain that the calorie loss benefits are gone and only will return again with the coming of another child (NOT HAPPENING ANYTIME SOON! BTW!!)...ahh so bitter sweet!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!