Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, February 22, 2010

Kate came to visit!

This weekend was awesome! One of my best best BEST friends came to visit us in Eau Claire for the first time! Kate (and her dog Wiley) drove all the way from St Louis, MO to stay the weekend, see Eau Claire & the house, and to meet Keller for the very first time too! I hadn't seen Kate since our wedding this past summer, so needless to say, it had been a VERY long time for us!
Kate made kick-butt time getting up here on Friday. Getting into town around 3. Here she is meeting Keller for the first time up at Broghan's office. As you can see, they get along marvelously!

After hanging around Broghan's office for awhile (I was filling n at the front desk so we had to wait until office hours were over) we headed back to our house. Kate got the grand tour (really it only takes about 3 minutes though since the house isn't all that big).

The funniest part was Marvin & Wiley's reunion! These two pups were best friends when we lived in St. Louis! At times when Marvin would disappear all it would take would be a phone call to Kate and lo-and-behold, there he was, outside their door whinning for Wiley to come out and play. You'd swear they were little kids!


Here they are loving up on each other and snuggling on the couch.


Once home, we got to spend the rest of the night hanging out, catching up and watching the Olympics. Kate got lots of love time from Keller as well and Broghan grilled up some awesome fish for dinner!


Saturday was meant to be a day spent showing Kate around the area, but it ended up being one relaxing day! We didn't even really leave the house! The only trip out we took was to Menards for about an hour...and that was even without Keller! Kate even got to take a mid-day nap with the Kel-man. But Saturday was extremely productive on the home front as our new roomie Nate (he's staying in our downstairs) and his dad helped Broghan tile the downstairs bathroom's floor. Kate & I got sent to Menards to check out new vanities and while there I picked up some supplies to start my first vegitable garden (that will be another post). In the afternoon, Kate got to try out her skating legs at the ice rink across the street. The ice here is kind of crummy since it's been so warm (haha...meaning mid-30's). She did great though! I was very impressed for someone who claims to not have skated in YEARS! Later, Kate & I made dinner Saturday night for the guys. Grilled chicken and veggies and GRILLED PINEAPPLE! YUMM! it was delicious!


Sunday was by far the most fun day. We got to take Kate to our church (Valleybrook) (Similar to Windsor..but no where near as big). Then we headed to the YMCA so Kate could give me some pointers on my swim stroke. Keller also got to go swimming again, this time dad got to take him in which was probably a good thing! Dad is much nicer at getting Keller into the water and he even put goggles on him! (pics to come) After the Y, we headed over to a hockey gathering we had planned. The kids from the team we coach had the weekend off of scheduled practices so we organized an optional get-together where the kids could just skate around and play and then we roasted s'mores! So good!
Once the fun was over, we picked up Chris (one of the boys I nanny, he's 12) and came back to our place. Chris, Nate & Broghan still had some work to do on the bathroom so they got to it and Kate, Keller & I got to hang out upstairs watching the Olympics and YouTubing Twilight actors! SO FUN! As a fun fact, Kate & I LOVE the Twilight series! and we're Team Edward fans too...not that Jacob isn't great though ;)
Sadly, the weekend had to come to an end. I'm going to miss having my friend here. As we agreed, the next time we meet will be me, Keller & Brogs flying out to see her and her husband John. I wish they were closer and I wish money meant nothing, but until one of those is true, I am so thankful just to have her in my life as a friend! Thanks for visiting Kate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!