Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Business name: CHIPPEWA VALLEY DOULA SERVICES, LLC

Ok so this is getting a little ahead of myself, but I was researching online how to make an LLC in Wisconsin yesterday and found that there are only SIX other Doula companies listed in the WHOLE STATE! Gosh I guess that goes to show you how underused doula services are in the United States. Anyways, all of the names were something....nice. I.E. Beautiful birth, TLC, Empowering...I was thinking for my business of using just Chippewa Valley Doula Services, LLC. Simple, basic, tells you where I am, and what I do. I guess when I think of a doula, for me, I don't want someone who is...well...out there. Overly motherly or overly mushy, I want someone who is educated, to the point, understanding and empathetic in a practical way. Am I alone in that idea?

So, any opinions on that title? Would you respond positively if you heard of a service like this?

Chippewa Valley Doula Services, LLC. Providing women with educational, physical and emotional support before, during, and following the birth of their children.

Thoughts?

As an update, I'm still in the works of finishing up the reading. As I keep saying, it feels as though I'm back in college since I'm constantly carrying around these big, class-like books. But slowly I'm making my way through. I'm hoping to have my seminars done by sometime late this spring...then possibly attend a birth this summer!! Ah, makes me giddy just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!