Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

There is a God...how much proof do you need?



The title of this post is taken from that new LeAnn Wolmack song "There is a God". It's such a beautiful song! And probably to any female reading this it won't seem strange, while to any male it probably would, that pretty much every time I hear it I have to choke back the tears because it evokes so much emotion. If you haven't heard it, google or you-tube it and check it out!

God is a topic that is not often talked about in our current society. Yes, at church or in a serious discussion, but not often is He talked about in daily conversations. To make things clear here, 1) I believe in God 2) I believe that he sent his son to become man and that he lived a life meant to become a source of guidance for us and that he died a very tragic death for our sins (Jesus obviously...making me a Christian) 3) I strive to live a life congruent with the teaching of the trinity (God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit)

I struggle to bring these three truths into my daily life and make them outwardly known. Even though doing so would probably make it easier for me to live the life I should... This is most likely because I'm unsure of how others are going to react and/or its that big social hindrance of making other people uncomfortable.

But anyways, why I'm posting...today while driving home from my in-laws house, I took a moment to survey the landscape and take in all that God has placed on the Earth for us. And the picture posted up top is what I saw. The colors were AMAZING! I actually pulled my car over to take some pictures because I just felt a need to capture it. And really, just for having this moment, this sunset, I have to believe that there is a God. How could something so perfect exist if there wasn't?

BTW: shout out to my dad on this whole idea of taking time each day to just enjoy what is around and taking in all that has been laid out for us. It was his idea and now one of mine too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!