Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Can't forget about Keller

So here is Keller's update.  We have a full-fledged 2 year old on our hands.  He turned two on August 23rd.  I think I may have blogged before about his speech, but last spring we had taken Keller for some speech therapy sessions.  They were helpful, but really just put it into perspective that he is really too young (in my opinion) to be labeled as delayed.  I think he's just on the latter end of most 2 year olds and I'm not really worried since he communicates just fine. It has been fun though as of lately that he has been hitting his groove in terms of learning and using new words.  It's adorable to hear him speak and to try to tell you stories and explain things.  It's also been nice to have him be able to respond when I'm explaining something to him too.  He's a very well behaved child but gets extremely excited when tired and/or hungry, so we have to watch out for that since he's had a history of biting. He can self entertain which is a life saver for me when I'm busy and we're currently working on potty training (not too intense about it yet, but he's getting good at peeing more in the potty and less in diapers when we pay attention).  He still LOVES to dance and LOVES his baby sister -whom he simply refers to as baby.  He also calls every adult woman "mommy" and every adult male "daddy" and according to my husband last night he wandered into our room (I was in the guest room with Lucy - my non-sleeper) crying out for "mommy" "baby".  Sooo cute to me, not so cute to my sleeping husband.  He's also a ham when it comes to pictures and saying "hi", "bye" and blowing kisses.  I think it's those big blue eyes.  They just get so stinkin' cute when he makes certain faces.  He's much more interested in coloring and puzzles than he was before which is fun to see.  It's more of intellectual growth now and less large motor skills (although he still loves to hit a ball like a golfer and crawl up onto almost anything).  In the food department we've moved past the Happy Tots (although he does get them on occasion as treats) and onto yogurt and apples.


More to come...and pics! just out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!