Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Friday, November 18, 2011

Deer Camp!

Most of those reading this blog will understand the title. Deer Camp! Here in Wisconsin, deer season is a short 9 days long.  Starting this Saturday and going until next Sunday.  For our family, we head over to Broghan's parent's house each year for the official kick off weekend and Broghan gets to hunt for two full days. Now, why you ask, am I (a non-hunter) so excited for deer opener weekend?  Well....when the boys go hunt (or fish or golf), the girls get to play!

 The last few years Broghan and I have also been able to take advantage of the grandparents and go hit up a movie.  I believe last year it was Harry Potter...  Anyways, the newest Twilight movie comes out today and yes, I'm a fan. And yes, I'm Team Edward. haha.  But besides that, Saturday brings its own amount of fun.  Broghan's mom and myself are going to head over to Green Bay, WI with a good friend Kim.  Our plan is to get tickets to the Cake Boss's show.  He will be sharing about his journey to becoming the Cake Boss and then giving tips and hints on decorating baked goods.  HOW FUN! Maybe not for all...but for this baking queen I'm extremely excited.  On the off chance the show is sold out...the back up plan is to find a bar and have some fun! I seriously love this weekend.

Sunday brings on another fun day in that we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving early with the Reilly family and many friends and neighbors as well.  I've made some delicious oreo/cream cheese balls that I am seriously struggling not to devour before we head East.   Once the day is done we'll be cruising home, only to spend three short days here in Eau Claire before heading West to MY family's Thanksgiving weekend.  This seriously is the best time of year!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!