Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Juggling hats.

I was typing this post and it started to get a little "pitty party-ish" so I deleted it and started over.  The whole and only point I wanted to make was that its on days like today where I feel as though I'm juggling many hats.  I started the morning (well lets be honest, both kids have colds so I never actually fell completely asleep...so this morning really just felt like a continuation of last night).  But moving on: I started the morning caring for two croup-y cough-y little ones.  Then it was making breakfast and getting ready and by get ready I really do mean shower, dress, hair and make-up - amazing I know.  But it's only because today (Thursday) is one of the two days of the week I head up to the office to do paper work and work through accounts.

So I go and take off my mom hat (it's a little hard to take off to be honest) and put on my work hat and head to the office.  I spend 3 1/2 hours plunging through paperwork, accounts, claims, visit dates and bills.  Amazingly, I stayed on task pretty well and made some good progress with everything.  Next on my agenda was a meeting with a potential doula client.

So I take off the work hat and put on the OTHER work hat - my doula hat.  This one I love because it involves talking babies, pregnancies and birth.  Things that really get me amped up.  The meeting went well and I again felt proud staying on task and finishing in the time limit I had earlier set for myself.  I have a tendency to let those meetings run long, so I am trying to be more "professional" and set time limits for myself.
Once it's over it's time to go get the kiddos and meet the hubby.

The doula hat comes off and the mom and wife hats go on together.  They look quite nice on me and are extremely comfortable. :).  I live for the days I don't have to take them off or grab another one to put on.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!