Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Picture Update Fall 2011 - LUCY

Hello blogging world.  I've been absent!  I've missed blogging and constantly think about what I want to write down and how I really need to keep better track of Lucy's milestones, similar to how I did so with Keller.  Life is just BUSY!  But, yesterday really got me, Lucy cut her first tooth!  Almost seven months old now (holy wowzers!) and she's sitting up like a pro- been doing so since 5 months and I can see in her eyes that she'd love to be crawling (heck, probably walking..).

The differences you see in children are amazing.  I knew people always said that they'd be different, two kids are never the same, yada yada yada.  But really, they are so much the same but so incredibly different.

Lucy in a nutshell is a very smart, intent, willful little girl. She does not like to sleep alone and she prefers to sleep with just mom. She also prefers to sleep in mom and dad's bed over any other place in the house.  She loves her brother and giggles at him but also knows already that he is an aggressive lover and screams when he gets close sometimes.  She wants to be held and knows how to reach her arms up to signal that she wants to be picked up.  She is a very social little gal too and doesn't like to be left alone.  Unlike her brother, the frozen toys do sooth her little teeth, but showers and nursing do not help when she's not feeling well.  Surprising to myself, I've now had to dish out half-doses of Tylenol twice to her after late nights crying over sore gums and a fever.  Although not a big deal, it definitely challenged my thoughts on what I "knew" worked outside of medications.  She manages to scoot and move around the room, even though its almost imperceptible.  Meaning, you don't actually see her move, but she moves! It's pretty funny.  She also knows what she's getting a picture taken and smiles (very appreciated by mom).   As I said, she coming up on 7 months and is approximately 15 lbs and 24 inches.  She's just lovable, snuggable and kissable.  LOVE HER! and I'm excited to see her become more of her own person over these next few months.


Oh an probably the most key element that is LUCY - she always, ALWAYS has her tongue out! who knows why...but it is and its adorable!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!