Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Where I have been...

As I said in that last post and as obvious by the dates of my posts, I've been absent.  Well I haven't been just sitting around.  I've been quite the busy little bee.  As most know, my husband and I purchased our chiropractic clinic - Reilly Chiropractic - www.chiropractorlakehallie.com - on December 16th, 2010.  This means that we're coming up to the end of our 11th month being open and fast approaching our one year mark! How crazy!  Well things have been a roller coaster ride with getting our feet placed solidly on the ground as business owners but I'm happy to report that our office is doing better than ever before.  My husband is helping and what I profess as healing more people than I could have ever envisioned at this point in our journey.  We renovated our fee schedules and signed contracts with as many insurance providers in our area as possible to widen our scope of those we can help.  We rolled out the new fees and discounts on September 15th, 2011 and feel that because of that, people are realizing that not only is chiropractic care essential for health, but it can be AFFORDABLE!

So in terms of the office, my job is multi-faceted.  I am the gopher of the group, so I do most of the errands and purchasing of office supplies.  I also manage most of the finances and banking as well as the bills.  I submit to insurances and do the billing and the follow up on accounts.  Needless to say, I believe just those things alone could be rolled into a full time job.  However, being first and foremost a full time mom and wife, I do the office work part time.

The next thing I have been working on is my doula work.  I founded Chippewa Valley Doula Services - www.cvds.weebly.com - a few years ago now and am slowly but surely working my way into the birthing industry.  I have helped two women through their labors and have another client lined up for early next year.  I look forward to being able to make this my main focus, but that will just have to wait a while since Keller and Lucy need and deserve my focus now.  Eventually I'll be able to be on-call more often but the experience and knowledge I'm able to gain now, at a slow pace and in a low-pressure situation is invaluable.

Finally and most recently I've stumbled upon a nutritional supplement that has significantly improved my energy levels and reduced my asthma symptoms.  It's AKEA Essentials - www.livelaughlove.akealife.com.  A local friend let me try some and I was seriously skeptical to get involved, but after talking about it with others, doing a ton of research, getting positive feedback from others who might be interested and most importantly seeing the positive effects it had (in just a week too).  I was sold.  So now, it's my main supplement.  It's a whole food, organic, powder nutritional supplement with probiotics and digestive enzymes.  It doesn't taste the greatest but doesn't have texture when drinking it down - so it's a go for me.  Again, this is something I'd love to be able to spend more time working with and being involved with, but that just can't be the case right now so I'm again, glad to be able to gain experience and knowledge and still receive the benefits in a low pressure situation.

Anyways, throw into that mix family time, travel, mom's groups, raising two kids, running a household and the tasks of just owning a home - lets be honest, I sometimes forget to pee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!