Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

...I work out...





***Editors Note: I originally had the music video from LMFAO; however, upon actually WATCHING the video I felt it was not exactly appropriate for my blog about my babies...it's pretty funny though...so I recommend searching it out on YouTube if you want a good "WHAT?!" moment...***

Now, I love this song,  We have our radio on for most of the day in our house and actually everyone in the family loves to dance randomly throughout the house.  This is especially true for Keller.   However, that's not what this post is about.  

I hear this song literally everyday on the radio and the phrase that keeps coming to mind is "I work out"...haha yea...right.  I USED to work out.  Now my form of working out is running "stair steps" 10 times a day to do laundry, squats to pick up toys or wipe up spills, bench presses playing with a 15 lbs. baby and cardio chasing a crazy 2 year old around the stores we have to run errands at.  Not really working out to be honest.  

Before having Lucy we had actually figured out how to get physically in shape with a kid, I even found ways to bring him with to the YMCA - when childcare was included in the cost.  Now, however, with two - it seems infinitely impossible.  I can't even bring myself to haul them outside for play time outdoors or a walk around the block...horrible I know.  I just fear cold, tired, cranky children too much I think.

Anyways, Broghan has been feeling similar to me in regards to working out and the lack of its existence in our lives...so he had a great idea of finding a decent, affordable, used treadmill to set up in the living room.  He researched for quite a while and this past weekend we found one out of the Twin Cities.  So we did it.  We bought one and have it set up in the corner of the living room.  

So far it's worked out pretty well....there's no running from either of us yet, but the walking has commenced.  Each day, during naps or after bed time we're able to walk while watching our late night shows or prop up the lap top and do things on there.  Hopefully by spring time we've worked ourselves up to a point of jogging since we both really enjoyed doing running races and triathlons. 

Here's to good health!!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!