Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Learning to Knit..

As part of my 2013 goals - I wanted to learn how to knit.  My sister (hello A1!) (Anna...not the sauce) who likes to keep a keen eye on this blog mentioned my goal to my mother who was cleaning out my grandmothers house and happened to find all of her knitting stuff.  So Easter weekend I was gifted some needles and some yarn.  Thanks to YouTube and Google - I learned how to knit...a little.  Here was one of my first attempts.  I'm still in the practicing mode - working on thread tensions and spacing and keeping the same number of loops for each row (I always end up adding one!) but all in all I'd say its a good start.  I've realized after researching some designs that I may end up needing more needles/threads but that will come with time.  I'm in no hurry over here :). 


Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!