Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

the dreaded sleep training..

It has officially begun (again).  At 3:30PM on  Wednesday afternoon - the first "phase" of sleep training with Lucy has started..again..haha.  If you remember I posted about this issue a few months back.  I believe I mentioned that while Lucy seemed ready, I wasn't.  And for that reason alone, it failed.  Failed miserably and we opted to co-sleep and let her use our bed for all sleeping purposes - night or naps.  Well, she's pushing that 9 month marker and I'm fairly certain at this point, Keller was at least taking naps in his crib.  I still don't know if I'm ready to give up on the co-sleeping arrangement since I sleep so incredibly well with her snuggled next to me and able to nurse without really waking up, so I don't think that phase will start now; but here I am upstairs with Keller and Lucy is screaming in her crib.

I need her to nap in her crib.  If she can't nap in it; how do I ever expect her to SLEEP in it, right?  I'm also pretty resolved on this issue since I know her naps often times get interrupted by all of the noise we make while she is sleeping in our room up here and/or her brother running in and getting up onto the bed and waking her up.  She needs more sleep and hopefully a few minutes of tears today, tomorrow and probably Friday too will set us up for some good solid nap schedules as we polish off the last half of this winter and the last 3 months of her first year.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!