Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, January 9, 2012

Lucy is a scootin' machine!

I've been horrible at updates! *I think this is the start to every blogpost recently*

Anyways, I will hopefully get an update out regarding our holiday adventures; but right now it's time for a Lucy update.   She has her 9 month pediatric check up in a few weeks still but there have been some serious developmental changes in her recently.

Most notably is her ability to scoot!  She can't crawl like what you would envision a little one to crawl like...but using (only) her right arm and leg she manages to move at a pretty fast pace.  It is a goal of mine to capture this on video since I enjoy watching it so much.  But this does create other issues (again) in child-proofing things.  The biggest issue right now is similar to Keller, Lucy seems to be very much attracted to the dog dishes!  Anytime she notices no one is paying that close of attention to her she makes a bee-line for the dog food!  She hasn't quite gotten the pincer grab down, but she certainly can grab one or two pieces and makes every attempt to get them into her mouth.   She's still sitting at two bottom teeth only - so chewing the dog food hasn't happened yet - which is nice for me since it gives me a pretty good window of opportunity to remove a whole piece instead of some chewed up pieces.  I know, I know...details are weird.

The other notably awesome thing is that she is standing, pulling herself to standing, and walking along the furniture by herself.  Did I mention she isn't even 9 months?  This is a bittersweet thing since I am excited my little girl is seemingly so smart and developing so well - but I also am really hesitant to say I'm excited for two walkers, and let's be honest, Keller is a runner.  However, again, it is extremely fun to see her pull herself up and be so proud of herself.  Yesterday she seemed to be really interested in learning how to do squats and practiced that move for quite a while.

We still aren't onto solids, although Lucy seems very interested and I have offered.  I think its the whole two teeth thing (personally) but she is slowly but surely getting better at it.  I have no plans to wean earlier than she decides to, I am selfishly looking forward to a time when we get to just the morning and evening nursing sessions.  Those are my favorites anyways since it's usually just us and we get the time to snuggle and "talk".

Lastly, Lucy is close to giving her big brother a run for his money.  She has been getting better at reaching for things that he has and really pushing his buttons in terms of taking and playing with his toys.  She also goes for every snack he has; which is kind of fun to watch her do since he is usually the one initiating the contact between them.  I'm excited to see how much both of them and then their relationship changes over the next few months!  I can't believe she'll be one in just three more months!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!