Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I love surprise visits!

Yesterday afternoon I got a lovely surprise text message from my 'first' younger sister, Ashley.  She wanted to come visit!! What a fun mid-week surprise!  Although in theory I'm not far from my family (only 2 hrs...which go by rather quickly on the road), money and schedules keep me from seeing my sisters all that often.  We do pretty good though, about once every 2 to 3 weeks.  Recently though, we haven't been able to catch up with Ashley due to her super busy schedule at Valley Fair (they basically own her life in the summer months).  I was so excited to have her come stay!

Ashley got here late last night (around 10:45) and her and I stayed up until sometime around mid-night chatting away.  It was a nice, lazy morning, getting to snooze and relax until around 10.  Then up and ready to head out the door, we headed to Broghan's office to give him lunch and I got my weekly adjustment (felt SOO nice).  Broghan was a sweetie and offered an adjustment to Ash.  Ashley was a little concerned about his table (it's one that goes up and down...kind of like a ride, so she should have liked it...working at VF and all) but she said she felt much more loose afterwards so yea! :)

Next it was off to pick up Chris (the 12 yr old I nanny) and then to lunch.  We ended the early part of the afternoon over at the Nohelty house watching Top Chef and Ashley got to snuggle Keller during his short-lived 45 minute nap.  I think she loved it!

We decided Chris didn't need us there (his dad was actually home the whole time haha) so we came back to our house and Keller got to spend more time playing and getting attention from his auntie...while I got to finish weeding my garden and take Marvin for a walk.  It was nice having her here to give Keller that kind of attention.  Sometimes I feel bad since Broghan and I get distracted with everyday house duties and work and dinner and everything else in life that while yes, we pay attention to Keller and make sure he is occupied and entertained, I'm sure it is nothing in comparison to the attention he gets from his aunts, uncles and grandparents when they get to see him.

All of that attention paid off too at bedtime tonight.  Ashley hung around to watch bath-time and bed-time routine and as we laid Keller in his crib, gave him his kiss and hug, closed the door and one squawk later...let me repeat that ONE SQUAWK, no hysterical cries, no whimpers, just the squawk...and he was out! and he is still out two hours later :).

So THANK YOU ASHLEY!  Surprise mid-week visits are the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!