Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lazy weekend

I know I should be reveling in the fact that we have nothing on the agenda for this weekend, but I can't help but say that I am in B O R E D.  I don't want to spend my day doing laundry or cleaning or housework of any kind.  I don't want to mow the yard or weed the garden.  It's been cloudy and on the verge of rain all weekend and I really think it puts me in a funk.  Not to say we haven't done anything this weekend. Yesterday we....darn, can't remember, but I know we went to the Renaissance Festival up in Chippewa Falls.  It was...OK.  The setting was neat, but it was slow, probably due to the weather.  And I don't know how else to say it but the people there were Weird, yes, with a capital W. We talked to some and learned that a lot of the people are obviously actors, but what about the ones visiting...just walking around...dressed in the garb? And really, it's not all Renaissance...I saw pirates, genies, gypsies, and wizarding people.  I'm not sure if all of that happened at the same time..but maybe.

Anyways, today we all got up and moving around 8:30AM.  My goal was to get to church...by 10:45.  That didn't happen.  Broghan got an invitation to play raquetball and Keller was down napping so church got scratched and plans got switched, which was OK since I got to go walk around the Open Air Art Festival that is in a near-by park.  It's similar to Art on the Lake in Excelsior, MN. I was slightly disappointed since it seemed about half the size as last years...or at least half exciting. Probably the weather again!

So here we are now, 4:15PM and just hanging around the house.  Broghan grilled up delicious buffalo burgers and I made some veggie casserole sides AND I'm sipping a small glass of some yummy chardonnay while Broghan and Keller nap on the couch.  I suppose I need to just enjoy and relax...I'm just wishing it was sunny...like they forcasted!!


P.S. When did waking up at 8:30AM start to feel like sleeping in?  Seriously..I got up and in the shower at 8:30 and felt like I was already behind on the day :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!