Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

RELAY FOR LIFE! July 30-31 Chippewa Falls, WI


Annie has been on my mind a lot lately.  As she has been with so many of us I'm guessing.  It's been just over 2 months since she died and I think it's really starting to set in that she is gone and most of us won't see her again for a very long long time.

My husband and his clinic have been awesome and allowed me to use them to sponsor at team for the Chippewa Falls, WI 2010 Relay for Life walk.  I am excited, nervous, and excited!! to be able to raise money and actually DO something for the fight.  

The best way to explain what the walk is, is to take it straight from the website, so here it is:

Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature activity. It offers everyone in a community an opportunity to participate in the fight against cancer. Teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relays are an overnight event, up to 24 hours in length.

Our event will not be 24 hours! haha.  We are doing a 15 hour walk, 6PM Friday night until 9AM Saturday morning.  We have set our fundraising goal at $1,000.00 and need help reaching it.  We also need team members! Currently we have two.  Him and me.  Yikes, I hope we get some people to sign up!!

Anyways, if you, my dear readers, feel an inclination to help out, here is the website to go to.  http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=23126&pg=entry  From here you can sign up and join our team (team name: Stucky Chiropractic of Lake Hallie) or donate. As you hear so often with fundraisers, every dollar helps and even a $1.00 donation would make a difference to us and everyone involved in this fight.  

I'm really excited for our group too because I have plans to offer 5 minute massages for $1.00 and also my mom is coming out to sell her infamous Randall's Best Black Bean Salsa! YUMMMIE!  The theme for this relay is "Birthday"; along the lines of "hoping to celebrate more birthdays".  I'm thinking of a rockstar theme in honor of my rockstar friend Annie.  Because lets be honest, she was one through and through.  And she liked the beverage ;) haha.  My idea might change as the day gets closer or if other people offer up ideas.  


Anyways, I thought I'd add some photos of Annie in case some people reading this don't even know who she was.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!