Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Life is all about the "P"'s

About a week ago now Keller started acting "sick".  He was tired and wanted to be held and it was pretty obvious he was coming down with a fever.  I've recently stopped taking his temperature simply for the fact that it doesn't ever do me any good other than creating worry.  We don't give medications for fevers unless a behavioral cue signals the fever is getting out of control so just that he was tired and clingy wasn't a super big deal.  It just meant more nursing, more snuggles, and more lovin'.  All of which I'm happy to offer up.

Well, moving into Sunday night last week is when I think he really peaked with his fever.  He had Poop filled diapers every time we changed him, and pretty much as soon as he got a clean one on, he'd do it again!  I am fairly certain in those 12 hours over the nighttime we went through about 8 diapers. That night he also Puked twice.  Poor little guy :/.  (and poor me I suppose since they were both down the front of me too!) His stomach and body were certainly battling something.  The best we can come up with is that he has cut three teeth in less than two weeks and that is why he's been having the fevers.  I can be pretty certain he doesn't have a viral infection since I'm not feeling sick and we are so connected, the one and only other time he's been sick, I was sick too.

Moving onto Monday, I was at the Nohelty house (where I nanny) and as I was nursing him...lo and behold, he managed to Pee up and out of the top of his diaper onto my lap! And even though I just blogged about how he can pull his diapers off, I assure you, it was nice and snug.  As I stood up, my crotch was soaked! Ugh, now it looked like I pee'd myself! Of course, Chris (the 12 yr old) got to make jokes about it for the rest of the day.

The rest of this week has progressively gotten better.  Each day the poop gets a little more like normal, the puking has now subsided, and I have only gotten pee'd on one more time (this morning actually :/).

So, point being, life is all about the P's! (at least for the time being)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!