Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy being a Mom Anniversary...

I'm seriously not that big into the Chicken Soup books, but I've been without a good book to read and all of my pregnancy books have been sitting out since being pregnant.  The "Expectant Mother" one was sitting in Keller's room this past week so as I sit and wait for him to fall asleep, I've been reading the stories.  I've been pleasantly surprised at how nice the stories are and since I'm such a birth story fanatic, that parts been fun as well.

Last night while reading there was a part that I wanted to share on here.  It just seemed too good not to post somewhere and it was too long for a Facebook status or a tweet (not that I use my twitter account).

To preface, the story is about mom's celebrating the anniversary of when they became a mom (basically the birth day of their oldest child).

"The anniversary of becoming a mother is one of the few life-changing moments that is rarely heralded. And whether our child is born to us or adopted, motherhood is a choice that permanently alters the way we view ourselves and our universe. It is the moment when we make a commitment to truly care for another human being.  This vow goes beyond words or ceremony: this vow is etched in our cells and knitted into our hearts."

This paragraph just resonated with me so much and I thought it would with other moms as well.

/Plus I think this is such a fabulous idea!! So I'm jumping on this bandwagon and going to begin celebrating my "becoming a mother anniversary".  I won't be throwing a party or advertising it and obviously hallmark doesn't make a card for this day, but it'll be a great reason to give myself a pat on the back and treat myself to something nice...

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!