Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Troopers..

Today was a long day.  I've now been up for just over 13 hours and am super impressed with the way my children handled today.  Okay okay...honestly, I'm impressed with how I handled today.  haha.

Last night was not what I'd call ideal for me and Miss Lucy Ann.  She decided that between the hours of 11PM and 2AM she was not happy and was not tired.  But we did manage sleep for four hours straight which was nice.  Sadly, that was it, since her big brother was his bright and shining (and extremely energetic) self at 6AM.

The morning hours were a struggle but breakfast got made, showers were had, and we all were dressed and ready to hit the road at 9.  Being on time for my mom's group was somewhat impressive, especially on the lack of sleep but mostly because even when I have gotten a full nights rest, I'm usually late for it.

Once finished there, we trekked a few towns over to have Lucy get some really awesome pictures taken.  A local mom does photography and just started crocheting hats and little diaper covers and was looking for newborn aged little girls to model in them.  We gladly offered our little Lucy up for the job and she did great.  It was definitely a cool experience getting to see all the cute poses you can do with a newborn and I think the pictures are going to be amazing.  We'll be getting the opportunity to order prints next week, so stay tuned!

By the time we were done with the pictures it was 2PM and both kids were super tired.  Keller's dark side was beginning to come through.  Thankfully both of them sleep so well in the car because it wasn't even 3 minutes later and they were both out cold.  Again, thankfully this little nap time in the car allowed me to run some quick, easy errands and check some tasks off of my to-do list.

Don't worry, the day isn't over either.  Lucy got to meet our wonderful pediatrician this afternoon at 4:30.  The visit went really well and the only concern (if you could even call it that) is about her hips.  Apparently, babies who are born breech have a higher chance of having issues with their hip joints (which makes sense) and even though the orthopedic tests the pediatrician did were negative, girls (thanks to our estrogen levels) have a 10% chance of having a false-negative orthopedic test.  Therefore, we have an ultrasound scheduled for three weeks out so they can get images of the hip joints in motion and really determine there isn't a problem.

Once home, it was then time to walk the dog, make dinner, take a bath (for Keller), and clean up the messes that were somehow made throughout the day.  To be honest, I'm kind of impressed with Keller's ability to still create complete chaos throughout the house even when we were gone for most of the day.  Good work my boy.

Anyways, as I type, Lucy is snoozing and Keller is working on getting to sleep.  I'm hanging in his room while he lays in bed...our usual little routine.

But as I said at the beginning, for being so busy today and having to be hauled around in a van so much, both of my little ones seemed to handle it pretty well. :).  They were perfect little Troopers!

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!