Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Walking Club FB post

So some of you may have seen on my FB page a reference to my "successful" walking club adventure...well here's my explanation.

I have started a walking club.  Reilly Chiropractic Walking Club to be exact.  And it takes place every Monday & Thursday mornings at 6:30AM until 7AM up in Lake Hallie, WI very near to our chiropractic office.  I decided the starting date was going to be the 3rd week of May and we'd continue until some time in September.

Well...the first day of the club I totally forgot about it until around 6:20AM and then quickly threw on clothes, grabbed Lucy, told Brogs to listen for and watch Keller and high-tailed it the 10 minutes to the park I'd chosen to meet at.  Don't worry, only 5 minutes late, but no one was there anyways.  Ok...and it was rainy and only like 40 degrees so I waited 10 more minutes and drove home.

The next "meeting" I got there 11 minutes late...even after I had started getting ready at 6AM...but I had Keller with and we had to do breakfast and it got a little late...but this time we did do the 30 minutes of walking (and had brought Marvin with too).

The last one I actually made it on time.  Again, I had Keller and Marvin and we did our 30 minutes of walking.  Sadly...the club only consists of me, my dog, and whichever kid I bring with me... So in a way its a success because I'm actually going and doing it...  I like to put it this way.  My walking club is active, our numbers are low...we only have approximately three members depending on your definition of a member. :).  I'm hoping the numbers will be larger by the end of the summer.  At the very least, hopefully Broghan decides its cool enough and joins.

Until next time...

1 comment:

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!