Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Quick thoughts of the day...

I've had many small thoughts throughout today that don't necessarily warrant their own post.  But I still think its fun to share and record them.

First off, to my little Lucy.  Regardless of how you and your older brother get along later in life.  Know this.  At this moment in time, he LOVES YOU.  Probably more than he ought to because he is constantly trying to touch you and is almost always aware of where you are.  He also does not like it when you cry and especially if mom can't get to you right away.  He cries with you.  And I apologize if you are forever sleep deprived.  Your older brother does not like it when you sleep...or more he does, since it gives him a prime opportunity to find you and try to touch your face, hands, feet, ears and head.  Like I said...he LOVES YOU.

Second, as I was driving home I realized that I miss my shelf.  And by shelf I mean my pregnant belly that acted like a holding spot for any and many of the small objects I usually am shuffling around.  I tried to set my phone down today and well...it just didn't work.  I guess I'm not complaining that my stomach is at least not a round, basketball shape in these postpartum weeks, but I really do miss the availability of something so useful.

Third, I hate ants.  They are super annoying and I've killed two in our house in the last two days.

Fourth, I think my uterus must be uber cozy.  Keller has always been a child who likes to be snuggled into blankets and cozied up on some pillows.  He never did well lying on non-cushioned surfaces.  I think Lucy is the same way.  We cant seem to get her to stay asleep unless she is snuggled nicely into a cocoon of softness.  We have yet to get her to successfully sleep in the bassinet my parents so nicely brought over for her.  She just refuses...ahh but maybe one day.

I think thats all.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. "Regardless of how you and your older brother get along later in life. Know this. At this moment in time, he LOVES YOU." I love this! It brings tears to my eyes. I think this might be one of the most important things she will read when she's older :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!