Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mom's Day to me!

I didn't want the day/weekend to pass without noting that I had a great mom's weekend.  No big parties or presents but it was exactly what I needed...low key and quiet.  We traveled over to Broghan's parent's house and just chilled there all weekend.  Then met up with some of his extended family for a fun lunch on Sunday afternoon.

The weekend didn't start of with a bang though.  To get to my in-laws house, we experienced what can only be described as the car ride from hell.  Without going on and on about it,  basically both children screamed, cried, kicked, and fought our every efforts to get them to sleep at any point on the 2.5 hr drive.  By the time we got into the driveway at 9:30PM the only thing I could say to Broghan was "I can't handle anyone right now, take Keller and go inside".  I stayed in the car with Lucy for like 10 more minutes...a little shell shocked at how incredibly horrible my little ones had been.  Blah! I'm hoping never to repeat that atrocity.

Anyways, the rest of the weekend (for me) went super easy and calm.  Sadly, I can't say the same for the rest of my family.  Broghan had said on Friday that he was thinking he was starting to get a cold.  Well, Broghan doesn't get "colds" he gets fevers and intense ones at that.  He heats up and sweats out whatever bug he has but it puts him down for the count for at least a day and sometimes a few more.  So he spent the majority of Saturday laying in bed, although he did manage to go turkey hunting at 5AM and to get out into the boat for a little fishing too.  He woke up Sunday feeling "normal" but then today (Monday) it wasn't so "normal" and he actually took the morning off of work (this NEVER happens...so I can tell he's hurting).

Onto Keller...somehow he's developed this weird rash-y thing that has just been staying put mostly on his back, but also onto his arms and legs a little...compound that with his runny nose and it seems like he's just got a virus.  Well Sunday he woke up a little crankier than normal (most mornings he's pretty happy) and so I kind of thought maybe he was getting a fever like Broghan...well poor Uncle Cullan was holding Keller at breakfast and so he got the honors of being the first person Keller has ever thrown up on.  It was the first time Keller had thrown up at all...so it caught us off guard.  But he seemed much better afterwards and hasn't really had another other "symptomatic" issues so that's been good.

Then moving onto the last one, little miss Lucy.  Again, not sure what it was or even if it was anything at all but she appeared to have an all over rash as well.  Different from Kellers (Keller's you could feel with your hand when you rubbed his skin...Lucy's you couldn't).  But something was definitely up.  Even though she doesn't sleep the best at night anyways, she SCREAMED all evening long.  My poor in-laws thought this was what we normally go through, but it really was a whacky day for us.  But at 12:30AM she tuckered herself out and slept pretty much until morning.  Today, we're back to normal and no signs of rash so who knows really.

Now that I'm done writing this, I am a little baffled that I can look back on the weekend and be so happy about it, but really...it was a great weekend for me.  lol.  :)  It makes me excited to experience next years mom's day with a 'hopefully' healthy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!