Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Could April 17th be it?!

Good morning folks.  It's amazing how these past three days have gone.  Friday (the 15th) I was annoyed at how good my body was feeling...knowing that labor was definitely not in the cards for that day.  Then yesterday (Saturday the 16th) I seriously felt like crap.  I hurt, was tired and spiked a fever (102-103 :/ ) in the afternoon.  So again, not thinking of labor...just wanted to snuggle on the couch and stay warm.  Thankfully, my fever went away (didn't even break with sweats! which was awesome) at around 1:30 AM and I got plenty of sleep between yesterday afternoon and this morning.  So upon waking at around 6AM thanks to my little K-man I noticed that my usual Braxton Hicks were coming attached to some decently mild cramping as well.  Could this be it?! Labor?! ;).  Well..I've been up now for two hours and these suckers are still rocking away.  Every 3-5 minutes; 30 sec to 1 minute long; and making me grateful for not having had menstrual cramps regularly for the past three years.  The "stage" I'm at is what is called Early Labor.  It tends to be the longest part of labor but also the most mild.  We've already put the calls into my sister, parents and Broghan's parents and of course have been in contact with our midwife since yesterday due to the fever.  Exciting stuff!  It's funny too because Broghan just had to point out "this is what you do when you start having contractions; you tell people and call and let them know...you don't just assume its NOT labor and go all day"  **he's referring to the method I chose to take when I was in labor with Keller...staying in denial for almost 12 hours and THEN fessing up that it was labor**

Anyways, updates to come! Not sure if they'll be from me or whoever or if they'll even be before the baby arrives...it all balances on how these contractions act!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I hope all goes well and fast! I can totally commiserate with the "knowing when it's real" with both Iwas in denial until it was almost too late...good for you for recognizing it early on!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!