Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The plight of a business owner..

As you know by now, our family owns and operates our very own little Chiropractic office (Reilly Chiropractic - www.chiropractorlakehallie.com - go here to check out my "intro" video).  We bought it back in the middle of December 2010 and have been running smoothly for about 4 months now.  This isn't going to be a long post ranting about the weight of owning a business, but I just spent quite some time updating our QuickBooks and it is just exhausting! I also keep track of payroll and all the liabilities (tax payments) we have to make each month and sometimes it gets confusing how my numbers end up different than QuickBooks and how in the world do I reconcile them? Blah.  It's just a lot.  Never really THAT hard, but just mental work...and to be honest, I've been so far removed from the work force and from the learning environments of school that sometimes the mathematics and logistics of it all can be overwhelming.

And that's it.  I'm sure many of you can relate, since the same feelings and situations happen within personal finances and handling household budgets too.  But, I just wanted to put down those feelings so hopefully sleeping tonight will go well!

Oh and no baby news, as far as I can tell, baby HAS dropped quite a bit since last week (heck since this last weekend).  It's now pretty low into my pelvis and pretty well centered in my belly (different from the usual side-lying position...what can I say....I'm short!).  Other than that nothing super exciting to report.  Lots of squirming around from the little one and a few Braxton Hicks contractions every once in a while, but nothing for real.

Maybe tomorrow though ;).

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!