Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, April 4, 2011

Final Countdown!

I've been waiting and waiting to be able to say this but it truly is THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! Full term tomorrow...holy crap. 37 weeks tomorrow and sometime in the next 5 we'll be a family of 4 (ok 5 if you count the dog)...part of me is still in disbelief that I haven't gone into labor yet.  I guess with two pre-term deliveries it's not surprising though.  It's kind of a cool feeling to feel part of the majority for once.  So lets just hope it stays that way and I don't end up with another crazy situation on my hands. :).

I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here or on a babycenter.com board (I'm seriously on that website way too much these days) but a few weeks back Broghan changed the background on the computer to a picture of closed flower buds.  We both agree that visualization and mental thought processes can have a big effect on your bodies ability to either go into or stay out of labor (for example being chronically stress - in the flight/fight response mode - will prevent labor from progressing OR cause it to go extremely fast).  So each time I turn on my computer I get to see this picture and think "I'm a close little flower".  It seriously makes me giggle each time but heck I'm full term so who knows!  



But now that I AM full term...maybe I should change it to a nice wide open flower picture ;). 



But then again, maybe I'm not so ready to have a baby TODAY...haha. This waiting game is hard!  You can be sure though that there will be blog and FB updates if/when the time actually does come for this baby to be born (even if Broghan gives me crap about it).  I really just want to do it so I have real-time records of what all happens....and of course I want all of you to be in the know ;).

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy for you Abby...what a relief I'm sure. I know how you're feeling! I can't wait to hear about the birth and your new little one. the thought had crossed my mind to have a homebirth someday...our current house just doesn't seem ideal. I'm thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!