Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Monday, April 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home.

To say that I'm excited for this home birth is a complete and udder understatement.  The idea of being able to just relax once contractions start, not worrying about "when to go" and not having to shuffle Keller and Marvin around is just a great feeling.  Plus, once everything is done, I just get to curl up with my new little babe and my family  in one of our beds!  No interruptions from nurses, no waiting for discharge papers, no packing up the car, no scary car ride home (even though its just a mile).

Yesterday and into last night I spent many hours getting some organization done and creating what I like to call my own private "birthing center" in our downstairs.  We're really fortunate that our house has a completely finished basement and as soon as I get some things in the mail (hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday) we'll be completely ready to go in terms of supplies.  I also moved some small shelves and cleared out space in our office so that when the time comes we can blow up our birthing pool, which is already ready and waiting on the floor in there.  The rooms downstairs each have their own heat source too which is nice so that the temperatures can be easily managed without affecting the whole house and I'll be putting a small lamp in the office space so that way we can dim the lights lower and create a calmer atmosphere.

I also spent many hours getting about 10 loads of laundry done (finally) and washing all of the towels in the house so the ones we need are folded and ready to go.  I will say it was really fun going back through all of the Newborn sized clothing we've had packed away for so long.  Such cute little outfits! Sadly, only a few are going to really work well if it's a girl (granted, no one really cares what colors they're in) but most of the clothes are definitely blue and boy themed.  And we're all stocked up on NB and size 1 Diapers.  I'm sure we'll go through them in about a week, but hopefully we won't even need them all since we still have the x-small clothe diapers from Keller.

I'm starting to lose focus here on this post and feel myself drifting onto other topics, so to sum it up: I love that we're planning a home birth. :).

**pictures of the set-up to follow..**

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!