Labor Day Weekend 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

Sunday, April 17, 2011

still consistent.

Well as far as I can tell the contractions are still about the same time apart and might be a little longer now...

I can still talk and do normal stuff through them though, but because they are happening so low in my uterus walking isn't all that comfortable.  The baby is so incredibly low in my pelvis that I'm sure that's why.

I wanted to point out that there won't be any dilation updates...so sorry for those that look forward to the number updates.  I've gotten checked with both of my other deliveries and that was fine and dandy but really why do we do it?  Mostly out of curiosity I suppose...but knowing how far dilated your cervix is, really doesn't make a difference, except mentally.  It can really create stress when you haven't "progressed" in terms of dilation over a period of time and after a lot of reading and hearing of birth stories...every labor, every woman and every situation is different in terms of how long it takes to dilate and how quickly those "cm" numbers change.

Even personally I know it can be really crazy how fast or slow they change.  And since I don't particularly enjoy checks, I'm opting out! :) One less annoyance to deal with.  But sad to say for those following the updates, they'll be pretty vague and a lot of me just saying whether the contractions are harder/longer/closer...

Anywho, just got back from our walk.  It almost feels like fall outside..sunny and not too cold but chilly with the wind.  Broghan has now blown up the birthing pool and I think we'll wait a while to add water.  Plus, this way Keller will get to play in it for a bit ;).

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you are thinking and to know that you have visited! Please leave comments since it's knowing that people have been here that keeps me motivated to make updates! :) THANKS!